Wednesday, January 25, 2006

 

GETTING BRAVE ENOUGH TO BLOG

I opened this blog because I had a lot to say, but when it came time to write I froze up. Kinda like stage fright, I guess. So I've been cruising other blogs, observing their formats and writing styles, how they handle their blogs, and working out my own ideas. One of my favorites is 'Is America Burning'. I read them a lot and link over to their readers and see what they have to say and how they say it. I do like Is America Burning and agree with a lot of their opinions. Granny posts a lot but too often just links to someone else's articles. She hardly ever expresses her own thoughts and opinions. I'd like to hear more of how she thinks. Since so many people are short on time to cruise all the news that's out there, Granny provides a service by pointing them to good articles, but I'd still like to hear her thoughts on it. Worried presents links for her sources but she also writes a lot about how she feels about the subject. Sometimes her posts are kinda long. Boy, she does have a lot to say! If I'm real busy or short on time I have to leave her post and come back to finish it later. But I always do come back. I really like a lot of their commenters, too. They are not always about politics and that's nice. I wish Granny and Worried would post on other stuff once in a while. Granny has her other blog that she posts her family life on and it's good, but is usually about her great grandchildren and home life. I'm going to start posting here, now. I've waited long enough. I hope people will come to read me so I won't just be talking to myself. But at least I can vent and unwind here, whether or not any body else reads it.
Comments:
Hi. I'm getting kids off to school but I'll be back. I do have a lot to say but hubby has been in hospital lately.

When you have a chance, check out my other blog. The link on my name (granny) will take you there. It's also listed on the sidebar of isamericaburning. I say a lot over there.

Thanks for the kind words.
 
You might want to think about word verification on your blog. It's a pain typing the codes but it will keep out most of the trash.

I don't think you need comment moderation though. That's when you have to look at every comment before you allow it to show up.

That's what the little trash can at the bottom of each comment is for. If someone is truly evil, pick them up by their ears and toss them in the trash.
 
I just read your post again. You have been over to granny. If you look at the sidebar, my email address it there. I keep forgetting to put it on isamericaburning.

Mixed in with the family stuff on granny are a few political comments but the two blogs are very different. Granny came first. That's how I met Worried American. She already had isamericaburning up and running and invited me to join her.

I'm very involved in local stuff. I belong to moveon.org and PFLAG (Parents, Families, and Friends of Lesbians and Gays) and they keep me busy. I write letters to the local newspaper and to my elected officials.

I've been staying away from Iraq and many of the related issues because Worried American does it so well and we'd end up duplicating. We managed to do that once the other day (lol).

My primary focus is on civil rights in the United States, the treatment of the disadvantaged among us, and the abuse of power. With mixed race grandchildren and greatgrandchildren (two in special ed) and a gay son, much of it is personal.

Simplified, I'm your typical 60's flaming liberal, just a little older than the hippies and without the drugs.

I've been involved with civil rights, war protests, women's rights, etc. for years but had gotten away from the fray for a while. Now I'm back.

I told WA just the other day that I'd try to do a little more writing to go with the linking. Sometimes, it's just a matter of not enough hours in the day.

email address

ann.adams95340@gmail.com

Oh, you might want to think about subscribing to bloglines. It's free, it's connected to blogger (they're both google sort of) and you can list the blogs you like and bloglines will pop up and tell you when there's a new post.

As you move around in the blogosphere a little more, it will be handy thing to have. Our sidebar is full of good blogs and we add more as we come across them. No one can read them all constantly but they all have a lot to say. Do you know you can click on the name of a commenter and it will take you to their blog?

See what happens when you ask me to write? I never stop. It's a running joke amount those who know and love me.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?